Thursday, April 15, 2010

Way to get your name out there Iceland

At this point I'm sure most of you have seen the news about Iceland's volcanic disturbance that's shutting down air traffic in Scandinavia and points further south. This sort of thing doesn't occur all the time so I actually think it's pretty cool - especially since I'm firmly grounded in the U.S. I do however think it's funny that this is what's putting Iceland back in the news. First, they had a MAJOR financial crisis and needed bailout funds and now they're porking continental Europe in another way.

I got a chance to check out that bizarre place last summer and I guess I just want to toss a good word in for Iceland since it's not getting any attention unless it's acting out. (Huge younger brother complex I bet). Anyway, check out the slideshow below. Iceland is a crazy place with a lot of natural beauty, totally weird - but great - locals and a real ski town mentality (read: they party a lot). Also, you can order up whale kabobs and drink beer in the 10 p.m. sun all summer long.

Iceland Slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment