Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And the Journey Begins...

All right, I won’t apologize, but will acknowledge that I took my sweet time getting this first post together. A few months back I realized I was getting sick of the usual bars and came up with the idea of sampling every outdoor bar venue the great city of Boston has to offer. There are few things I enjoy more than being surrounded by great people sipping a cold beverage with the sun shining on my face.

Sometimes I’ll critique the venues, sometimes report on the scene, sometimes just rant for a few paragraphs. If you have any establishments you would like me to check out or specific details you want me to look out for at each place let me know in the comments section and I will get it done.


Dillon’s

So Good Friday lived up to its name and Mother Nature gave me the perfect opportunity to start my mission. I got Phil on the horn and he met up with me and my girlfriend Jen at Dillon’s on Boylston Street. Dillon’s is a pretty well known bar closer to the Fenway area. It has a reputation for some pretty good food and after hearing they updated their outdoor area I figured it was worth checking out. The new patio is great – much better than it used to be. Jen and I had a really good meal at a decent price. The beer menu was pretty standard with my favorite part being the 24oz tall boy of Twisted Tea, a very classy order. I went with a few corona’s and Phil crushed a manweiser both of which were plenty cold and hit the spot perfectly. Servers were on point - ours even managed to keep a smile on her face when she munsoned half a tray of drinks (not ours thank goodness).

The only place Dillon’s falls short is the people watching. The patio is street level but the bar is set up a little too far down Boylston and foot traffic is kept to a minimum. On the plus side this means it’s easier to get a table during the lunch rush on Newbury.

Overall my experience at Dillon’s was a great start to the journey and I think I speak for Phil and Jen when I say it is definitely a spot I plan on hitting up again.

3 comments:

  1. Daedelus roof deck. Harvard Square. Sweet place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a sangria afternoon at scoozi. its easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen on Daedelus.

    How many places near the Garden is Jones going to suggest? "I really think Shotsky O'Houlihan's is sweet..." (in Jones voice)

    ReplyDelete